The Deep Roots Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to post-secondary-bound grade 12 students pursuing studies in either agriculture or business.
Annual scholarships in the amount of $2,000 would be awarded at each of the five local high schools – Maryfield, Wawota, Whitewood, Moosomin and Redvers.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Grade 12 students attending Maryfield, Wawota, Whitewood, Moosomin or Redvers high schools.
- Students must be entering into post-secondary education in either agriculture or business.
- Students can apply by submitting an Application form and providing a minimum 500-word essay on ‘My involvement in the future of agriculture’.
- Students will need to provide a Letter of Acceptance.
TIMELINE AND PROCEDURE
- January 2023 – Announcement of scholarship and call for applications. Applications can be submitted below.
- May 15 2023 – Deadline to submit applications.
- June 20 2023 – Applications reviewed by team members to determine which best aligns with the Hebert Group core values and decision communicated. Scholarship will be presented by whichever team member has ties to that community.
- January 2024 – Selected scholarship recipients will receive their funds after successfully completing their first semester.